When it comes time to buy a home, finding the right one in the right neighborhood at a cost that fits your budget is not an easy job.
I am a licensed experienced professional with specialized skills. Here are the many benefits you receive when working with me:
- I know the local market and can focus in on the areas that have the greatest possibilities for finding a home at the price you want.
- I will organize, expedite and get documents to the appropriate places for you to save time. Homes that don’t meet your specific needs are removed.
- I will make appointments, preview homes with you, and help you determine which homes best fit your needs.
- I have access to the multiple listing service (MLS), a service that provides access to thousands of homes for sale.
- I will supply information and make appointments to see almost any property listed for sale. I know how to get detailed information, or an appointment, even if the house is not listed with a Windermere agent.
- When you find the right home to buy, I will guide you through the negotiation process, the legal documents and the details that follow.
Tips for Buyers
The key to finding the right home is organization. Here are some tips to help you get started.
- Before you start house-hunting, decide how much house you can afford. I will refer you to a loan officer to pre-qualify you for your home. To see how much home you are able to afford, use our mortgage calculator section.
- Prioritize what is most important and what is least important in a home. Make a list of everything you want in a home. We will go over your list so I know exactly what you need in your home.
- Make notes as you look at the home. Some people even take along tape recorders to remember which features go to which home.
- When you do choose a home, make sure the home is structurally sound. I will provide you to a list of home inspectors with which to choose. The inspector will look for large repairs that are needed and report on the condition of the home.
- Once you’ve found the home you want to buy, together we’ll complete a purchase and sale agreement. This is the contract in which the seller and the buyer outline the details of the property transfer.
- A closing date is jointly agreed-upon during the negotiation stage of the transaction. Before closing, the closing agent (usually an escrow or title company or attorney) will complete a thorough settlement statement for both buyer and seller.
When it comes time to sell your home you want the best price and the most favorable terms. There are countless marketing choices, legalities and details that go into a sale.
When I market your property you receive my customized approach, personalized just for you. I will support you in all facets of marketing from preparing your house to sell, to printed and internet advertising.
I am a licensed experienced professional with specialized skills. Here are the many benefits you receive when working with me.
- I know the market and will assist you in setting the right price.
- I also know what buyers want and the monetary motivation that will encourage the sale.
- I am a member of the multiple listing service (MLS), a service that enables me to present detailed information about your home to the thousands of other agents helping buyers.
- Along with the MLS, I work together with other agents on a regular basis. We exchange information about new properties and fit enthusiastic buyers with the appropriate homes.
- I will increase the amount of qualified buyers for your home because Windermere’s national referral system gives me access to the sizeable number of people who move each year.
- I know how to swiftly separate the qualified buyers from the unqualified. Your home is shown only to serious buyers, which saves you time.
Tips for Sellers
The key to selling your home quickly and at the right price is in preparing it appropriately. Here are some tips to help you get started.
- Give your home a thorough cleaning.
- Oil door hinges, tighten door knobs.
- Have carpets professionally cleaned, or replaced if damaged.
- Repair dripping faucets and leaky toilets.
- Replace all burned out light bulbs.
- Repair defective light switch.
- Get rid of clutter both inside and out.
- Cut and edge grass.
- Trim hedges and weed gardens.
- Paint, fix or wash railings, steps, storm windows, screens and doors.
- Clean out the gutters.
- Wash the windows.
- Tidy up the garage.
- Paint, wash and fix garage doors and windows.
Here are some helpful tips for showing your home.
- Keep pets out of the house. Either take them with you or keep them penned in the yard or garage.
- Put away items in the yard like garden tools, bicycles and toys.
- Make sure your home is well lit.
- Remove clutter from tables and shelves. Less clutter creates the illusion of a larger space.
- Add a ground up lemon to the garbage disposal to give the kitchen a fresh smell.
- Open shades and curtains to let in light.
- Light a fire in the fireplace to create a comfortable ambiance.
- Keep radios and TVs off, or on a low volume.
- Keep money, prescription drugs, and other valuables, out of view.